|First, some Sidekick tips:|
- Each multimedia message you compose can contain up to four multimedia slides, each containing a text, sound (voice note or song), and picture attachment.
- Each message is limited in size, determined by your wireless operator.
- Note that as you compose a new message, the size of the message will be updated dynamically in the title bar and at the bottom of the Compose screen.
Composing Your Sidekick Message
- Address your message. You can add up to 10 recipients, including those in the CC field.
- To field - Start typing the first or last name of a contact in the To field, and the Multimedia Messaging Sidekick application will communicate with the Address Book and offer you completion suggestions (based on your existing Address Book contacts). The suggestions appear in a pop-up menu. Use the TRACKBALL to highlight one of the address suggestions, then press the TRACKBALL to select it, or you can type a new one directly in the To field.
To create a new line so you can add more recipients, do one of the following:
- type a semicolon (;)
- type a comma (,)
- press MENUthen select Add To.
- Add CC recipients by pressing MENUthen selecting Add CC.
- Subject field - Type a subject that will describe your overall Sidekick message. Remember that each slide you create will have its own text message as well.
- Create your slides. You can create up to four slides in any one multimedia message. Notice that each slide is numbered on the left in a "slide" icon. Each Sidekick slide can contain text, a voice noteor song, and a picture attachment.
- First add text by typing in the text field.
- Add a voice note or a sound. Add a sound to your slide by selecting the "Add Sound" icon. The ringtone selector opens. You can either add a ringtone (a subset of ringtone categories will be available for attaching) or record a new ringtone.
Add a voice note by selecting the "Add Voice Note" icon. On theSidekick dialog box that opens, select Start Recording. Speak into the microphone (located by the TRACKBALL) to record the voice note, then select Stop Recordingwhen you are finished. At this point you can either Re-Record the voice note, Preview it, or save it by selecting DONE. Once you save it, it's added to the multimedia message after a short processing time.
- To record a new ringtone on your Sidekick, select Record New Ringtone from the ringtone selector (follow the steps below).
- To add a ringtone, simply select a song from the ringtone pop-up menu.
- Add an image by selecting the "Add Image" icon. Your Camera opens, where you can select one photo from an album. After selecting the photo, press MENUthen select Attach Checked [M] to attach it to the slide.
- Use the sec(s) pop-up menu to select how long you want the slide to play on your Sidekick. Note that if you have attached a voice note that plays longer than the menu setting, the voice note will be cut off when played.
- To add a new Sidekick slide, select the "Add Slide" icon. You can add up to a total of four slides by repeating step 2.
- To preview your message, press MENU then select Preview [D]. You can make changes to any of the message attachments (text, sound, picture):
- Text - Roll the TRACKBALL until you have highlighted the text field, then edit as you wish.
- Picture - Roll the TRACKBALL until the picture attachment is highlighted, then press and hold the TRACKBALL to bring up the context menu, from which you can view the picture in full-screen mode, replace the picture by going to the Camera again, or discard the picture from the slide.
- Sound - Roll the TRACKBALL until the sound attachment is highlighted, then press and hold the TRACKBALL to bring up the context menu, from which you can play the sound, replace the sound, or discard the sound from the slide.
- Slide - To discard an entire slide from the Sidekick message, select the "Remove Slide" icon. You'll be asked to confirm.
- To send your message, from the Compose screen press MENUthen select Send [M].
- To save your message as a draft, press DONE.
- To discard your message, from the Compose screen press CANCEL. You'll be asked to confirm.